Residency by investment
INVESTOR RESIDENCE AUTHORIZATION- GOLDEN VISA
Investor Residence Authorization
Investor residence authorization, is a residence authorization that can be requested by people who acquire real estate for a minimum value of 500,000 euros.
The Investor Residence Authorization initially authorizes residence and work in Spain for two years, upon renewal they grant the investor residence authorization for a period of five years.
1. What real estate must be purchased by applicants for Investor Residence Authorization
- This is any real estate that the applicant acquires, it can be houses, flats, garages or even land, urban or rural.
- These real estate can be purchased in the name of a commercial company, and the applicants own the shares in this company.
- It is very important when buying real estate NOT TO DO IT together with people who are not part of your family unit. The Immigration Office responsible for resolving the files of the Investor Residence
- Authorization application considers that you cannot obtain a residence authorization if you own part of a property, even if this part is valued at more than 500,000 euros.
2. How the Investor Residence Authorization can be requested
There are two ways to apply for the residence permit for an investor:
- In the first place, an investor visa can be requested, this application is processed before the Consulate of Spain in the country where the investors reside.
- Or you can also request the Investor Residence Authorization from the Large Companies and Strategic Sector Unit
The second option is more recommended, in cases where investors have a tourist visa and are in Spain in a legal situation.
3. What documentation must be provided by the applicant for the investor residence permit.
You must provide documents that prove the investment, economic solvency and health insurance:
- Copy of deed of sale of real estate
- Certificate issued by the Property Registry that proves that goods are free of charges
- Bank certificate that proves economic solvency (27,000 euros are required for the first family member and 6,000 euros for each subsequent family member, multiplied by years of residence requested)
- Proof of medical insurance
- Copies of all passport pages
- Criminal record certificate, from the countries where applicants have resided for the last five years.
- Certificates proving family relationship
- Proof of payment of fees
4. Who can apply for the residence permit for investors
The people who made the investment can apply for the investor’s residence permit, and their children (even adults, who depend on the parents) and a spouse can apply for the investor’s relatives’ residence permit.
5. Where can the residence permit for investors be applied for?
The body responsible for resolving the application for residence of investors is the Unit for Large Companies and companies in the strategic sector.
6. How long does it take to resolve the residence application
By Law, the competent body to resolve the requests has 20 business days to answer the requests for Investor Residence Authorization presented.
How to apply
It is mandatory to submit the Investor Residence Authorization application, by means of a Power of Attorney, at the time when the applicant and his family are in Spain in a legal situation.
Investor Residence Authorization resolutions are notified exclusively by electronic means.
It is mandatory to hire a lawyer to process an investor residence permit.
No, each applicant can prepare and submit the residency application without hiring any attorney. However, experience has shown us that it is always better to be guided by a specialist in Investor Residence Authorization procedures to prevent you from making mistakes and obtain the investor residence authorization much faster and with greater security.
If you are interested in this type of Residence by Investment you can access our section of properties for sale, we manage the entire process from the sale, Notarial deed, NIE management, to the granting of your Residence